Tuesday, September 18, 2012

meal plans September 15-21

Think back to the weekend as you read my meal plans for the week though I'm a bit behind posting them on a Tuesday :)

Saturday - lasagna, peas, garlic bread
(I really like lasagna but don't make it often so it's stayed off the "burn out" list for me, I also think it's so much easier to use the noodles that don't require any pre-cooking!)

Sunday - out for birthday dinner to Hillbilly Tea

Monday - apple cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches, acorn squash, leftover baked beans
(I just microwave the whole acorn squash after making a few slits in it with a knife, we halve it, scoop out the seeds, and enjoy the cooked squash with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries, and pecans)

from: http://www.closetcooking.com/
Tuesday - poppyseed chicken, rice, roasted broccoli


Wednesday - BBQ meatballs, frozen potatoes
(I rarely buy frozen things, but I'm usually a sucker for samples!  I tasted the yummy Green Giant "natural" Steamers recently and took advantage of the coupon I received when I picked up the sample!)

Thursday - leftovers

Friday - omelets, muffins

I also enjoyed trying these recipes this week from Pinterest!
Pumpkin Poppers (think donut holes!)
*don't be confused use the baking powder as the ingredient list says rather than baking soda like the directions mention!
from: http://hwescott.blogspot.com/



















Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer



















In the past I've tried to plot out a month's worth of meals seasonally to give me a weekly meal planning springboard.  Lately, I've gotten away from that but wanted to get back to it.  I spent Friday night at Starbucks for a quiet break and did some monthly Fall/Winter meal planning.  I hope to share the full four week's worth of meals soon and then share individual recipes afterwards.  While I'm not rigid in sticking to my plan I like having a starting point as it makes the process of planning, and grocery list writing much easier on a weekly basis!

No comments: