Saturday, August 25, 2012

meals: August 25 - September 7

This is a big meal plan though we're not at home each of the days for the next two weeks.  Read on for our meal plans as I'm headed grocery shopping this afternoon when my sweet pea naps and my husband studies.

Saturday:
ravioli with marinara sauce, bread, salad
*using leftover sauce from last week's skillet lasagna, always nice to use up leftovers rather than waste them! we were also given yummy homemade ranch we plan to dress our salad with

Sunday:
lunch - apple, cucumber, cashew chicken salad with croissants, cheese, fruit
dinner - pesto chicken pizza
*we may have lunch guests so I wanted to have specific plans though usually we wouldn't

Monday:
macaroni and cheese, my mom's recipe
*we have community group tonight and are contributing to a "home cookin'" themed pot-luck

Tuesday:
Martha's bean burritos, copy-cat Chipotle cilantro lime rice

Wednesday:
leftovers

Thursday:
driving!

Friday:
staying with family

Saturday:
wedding rehearsal dinner

Sunday:
wedding reception

Monday:
driving!

Tuesday:
pancakes, eggs

Wednesday:

quiche, muffins
*I plan to make the quiche this week with some time off, and will freeze it - I bought pre-made pie crusts and will use the second one in the package after making quiche last week too - I also found muffin mixes at Kroger $10 for 10, while I didn't get 10 mixes, the sale was helpful as I have some in the pantry just waiting for a good time!


Thursday:
leftover bean burritos
*the filling and rice all freeze really well, and since the recipe makes such a large portion it works well to plan on leftovers

Friday:

chicken piccata with pasta, edamame



No comments: