Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Moriah!

Today my sweet girl turned 2 years old!  I can't believe how fast these two years have passed.  She's really not a "baby" any more.  She likes to call herself a "big girl" but if Matt or I tell her that she's our "big girl" she corrects us and says "no, mommy's baby".  I think that must always be the case from a mother's perspective.

celebrating her birthday today at work, with a cake made by our kind friends
She's such a blessing in many ways, here are some of my favorite things about Moriah Grace...

*her affectionate heart that loves to share hugs, pats, and kisses
*her great memory that is quick to recall, with surprising enthusiasm, the details of our days
*she lets me sing to her, and seems to like it :)
*she's my "big helper" and likes to be right by mommy's side doing most chores
*her words, which are now sentences most of the time, we talk and talk all day (that won't surprise those of you who know me well I'm sure!)
*her spunky and very silly moments at play
*her giggles and requests for "more tickles"
*her thrill over hiding from us, while announcing where's she is of course
*her love of reading, and joy in being read to
*her listening ears as we speak of the Lord, pray, and read the Word

I'm sure I could go on, though no one needs a doting mommy right?  I've enjoyed each day of these two years though some have of course been more challenging.  I really can't imagine our family without her, and thank the Lord for His goodness.  It is our prayer that we would trust the Lord and rely on Him to graciously work in Moriah's life as we seek to be faithful and loving parents.

No comments: