Friday, December 21, 2012

homemade treats - chai tea mix

Homemade Chai Tea Mix

If you need a last minute Christmas gifts this could be just right!  I'd happily receive this anytime :)  

Last year I gave this homemade chai tea mix to a few friends,
and Moriah and I made it yesterday as an early gift for Matt.
I first enjoyed this after our friend Dollie made it for us
as a wedding gift given with other kitchen items.
Five years later, it's still a favorite!

Chai Tea Mix
1 c nonfat dry powdered milk
1 c powdered non-dairy creamer
1 c powdered French vanilla creamer
2 1/2 c white sugar
1 1/2 c unsweetened instant tea
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp white pepper

Combine all ingredients thoroughly in blender.  To serve, mix 3 (heaping) tablespoons with hot milk.

*My blender isn't really fancy and has worked for this particular recipe multiple times... but if I wasn't sure about my blender I might not try this unless I was okay with replacing it soon.  Mixing dry ingredients only seems to work the motor a bit more, and I'd hate for it to break permanently as a surprise!

Here are some pictures to illustrate the process...

lots of spices, but otherwise nothing too expensive
your blender will be FULL, it's okay!

As you blend you can see the color starting to change.
My blender seems to blend so that the ingredients on the top are pulled down
through the middle and work their way back up... it all needs to be well combined!


The final product...


Enjoy on a cold winter evening!




No comments: