Thursday, December 6, 2012

Home for the Holidays

Our Holiday Home


This year we're not traveling over Christmas.  Most years we have, but we'll be staying home in our apartment and welcoming family here.  Matt's using his last week of vacation for the year to take a winter course, which will allow him to finish his spring semester with two classes and graduate in May, Lord willing!  With graduation so close, staying in Louisville for Christmas is something we're glad to do.  It also lets us enjoy our decorations more :)  Things are pretty simple, but they make our home festive and cozy to us.  I love Christmas decorations, and I love the feeling of a fresh new start in January when they all get taken down too.

Here's a little tour, minus the nativity pictures I posted before.


Welcome!  
When I take the potted plants out, I like to add pine cones so it's not quite so bare looking
(I saw that in Real Simple a few years ago,
and bought cheap JoAnn's pine cones that I reuse each winter)


our Christmas tree... this year we moved the gliding rocking chair out of the living room
so there's a bit more breathing room while our big tree is up too


a little ornament my crafty mom made last year with a seed pod


a couple other special ornaments that are fun to hide among the decorative plain balls


a little tree ornament, my mom used it on a Christmas present with the bow one year - clever!


we found this at a Louisville Christmas Bazaar a church held,
I don't remember seeing so many church Christmas "Bazaars" in Kansas City,
but they're everywhere here


Moriah's basket of wrapped books to open each night of Advent


our kitchen table centerpiece, a wreath around a glass bowl with a candle inside - easy!


some more little decorations, bird ornaments on the stands with holly tea cups


our Christmas card holder... waiting for cards to arrive :)
(a lovely and easy Martha Stewart idea for less than $5)


"Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All" in the kitchen


a Christmas throw blanket and a new pillow from Parris Chic I won from a blog giveaway!
(the pillow has Deuteronomy 6 printed on it)


I liked this plate at an antique mall once, and display it during Christmas


a little jar, this year I have a candle inside, though I'd like to come up with something else
(this jar, and the small holly tea cups came from the Victorian Trading Company's Outlet Store
at an after Christmas sale which has SO many good deals a few years ago - it's in the KC area!)



No comments: