Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fall/Winter freezer surplus meal plans

We're taking a break from our regular Fall/Winter meal plan rotation to enjoy the surplus we've accumulated in the freezer and to try a few new recipes...

Fall/Winter Freezer Surplus Week

Friday:
spaghetti with homemade sauce, spicy turkey meatballs (I bought one pound of Italian sausage for $1 this week with an amazing Earth Fare coupon!), toasted ravioli (frozen!), salad (also part of the amazing Earth Fare deal)
*this is an unusually large meal, but we decided to have an extra special dinner just for fun... so I served it in courses!  I think I'll post more about it soon.

from Passionate Homemaking

from Food Network, The Barefoot Contessa

Saturday:
deep dish chicken pot pie, fruit (from our freezer surplus)



Sunday:
nachos (with our freezer surplus of cilantro lime taco chicken), black beans

from All Recipes

Monday:
cilantro lime rice (with the rice in our pantry)
*we're contributing to our community group's pot luck taco night!

from Skinny Taste

Tuesday:
ham and beans (using the remaining bag of dried beans from a couple weeks ago), cornbread, baked apples (using the remaining streusel topping that I froze a couple weeks ago as well)

from Plain Chicken

from Cooking Outside the Box

Wednesday:
chicken pesto pizza (using the remaining chicken tenderloins I boiled for a meal last week)
*I use mozzarella in place of fontina cheese

from All Recipes

Thursday:
leftovers

Friday:
Papa John's pizza (free with our code from a few weeks ago!)
*I'm going to a "girl's night" with the other ladies in our community group... any heavenly snack suggestions you've tried lately?  I'm sure I'll check out Pinterest ideas, but a personal referral in always the most convincing :)  Matt likes to say women like dip, haha, I think it's always a safe bet too!

*So thankful to use what the Lord has provided in our freezer and pantry this week!  The meatball recipe I tried on Friday night also worked toward starting to fill the freezer again, as it made LOTS of delicious meatballs.  I think I'll save them for our family visiting during the holidays :)

No comments: