Monday, October 31, 2011

why be thankful?

I just read this quote in a book I'm reading chapter by chapter whenever I have time, called The Attributes of God by A.W. Pink. I started out reading the chapter titled "The Knowledge of God" and have skipped around from there reading both "The Faithfulness of God" and most recently "The Goodness of God" where I found this quote...

"'O that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men' (Ps. 107:8). Gratitude is the return justly required from the objects of His beneficence; yet it is often withheld from our great Benefactor simply because His goodness is so constant and so abundant. It is lightly esteemed because it is exercised toward us in the common course of events. It is not felt because we daily experience it." from The Attributes of God, page 60

This seemed like a very timely chapter for me as I seek to be more aware of God's abundant goodness to me. Join me in thanking Him as "we daily experience it", both big and small. If you're looking for a brief book to read in addition to Bible Study I'd highly suggest this one, each chapter is about 2-3 pages long and full of material to lead your thoughts to the greatness of God in His infinite perfections.

No comments: