Monday, March 26, 2012

For you are great and do wondrous things

you alone are God. - PSALM 86:10



Some of the wondrous things I've seen from the hand of God lately...

501. unseasonably warm weather
502. lovely walks outside
503. our favorite city walking destination is the local public library, we walk up a hill of charming homes, down a busy street past old building which house a bakery, bridesmaid dress boutique, and an Urban Farm House store (those are my favorites for window shopping anyway), then past two beautifully architectured (not a word, but conveys meaning) churches, and on to our quaint library
504. story time with other happy little ones
505. a picnic in the park with my sweet girl, these are surreal moments as a mom


506. reflecting on past friendships as I read through lots of letters during a recent organizational endeavor
507. seeing God's kindness in encouraging me each step of the way
508. hearing words of affirmation to my husband from another wise man
509. newly formed friendships of all kinds
510. discovering more of Henry County, Kentucky where we minister including "Our Best" restuarant and their delicious fried chicken!
511. fresh crappey (spelling?) fish from a generous church member
512. watching Moriah's joy on (toy, battery powered) Gator rides with her three year old friend Sullivan
513. wise words from women who've walked before me trusting in Christ through life's seasons
514. the power of Scripture to really transform our hearts
515. learning more of what it means and looks like to meditate upon Scripture and God through it
516. life as a mom, I longed for these days for years never feeling certain of God's plan, may I praise Him in it now
517. words, words, words that Moriah is learning... lately "John Deere!" (also learned from Mr. S. our little friend)


518. time out doors which is the best place for little ones and gives me a greater love for all I see in creation
519. baking cookies to share with others
520. looking forward to the birth of a friend's baby soon
521. knowing that the Lord would use me to minister
522. relying on His grace and work not my own attempts toward perfection, oh do I fall short every time
523. bath time for Moriah, the joys of bubbles and splashing
524. my husband who loves well
525. long nap times after full mornings of fun
526. dogwood trees in bloom, my favorite

I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. - PSALM 86:12

No comments: