Monday, August 3, 2009

a couple of easy and delicious dinners

These are a couple of easy and delicious dinners we've enjoyed lately. It's nice to cook at a more leisurely pace without feeling too tired at the end of the day. Soon I'll be back to school though, and I'll look back on these summer days with fond memories!

Both of these recipes can be found on their respective web-sites... my pictures may not look exactly the same as the ones on-line, but just think they're more "realistic"!

This one is called "Alaska Salmon Bake with Pecan Crunch Coating" from www.allrecipes.com... my variation was using ALDI's frozen salmon as opposed to fresh Alaskan salmon, but if you have that - go for it! I also made plain white minute rice (I never knew I could cook it in the microwave, which was very quick and easy), and sauteed asparagus too. We really love asparagus!


The next recipe is called "Lemon Shrimp with Parmesan Rice" from a "Taste of Home" magazine subscription someone gave us as a wedding gift. It was a great gift idea, that I really enjoyed and made much use of. Lots of our favorite recipes came from that year's magazines. (In this particular recipe I'd recommend using already peeled shrimp, although I can't find that at ALDI so I use the frozen pre-cooked kind, and we have to take the tails off before we eat it.) I also made a really refreshing "Peachy Iced Tea Sangria" (non-alcoholic) from a "Kraft Foods" magazine this evening. You can see it a little bit in the glass. It's also quick, easy, and tasty!


In a week or so, I'll post pictures of my newly (I'm in the process now) decorated and set-up Kindergarten class. Enjoy cooking if you decide to try these recipes... they may become favorites for your family too!

No comments: